The George Eliot School is committed to promoting equality and diversity of opportunity for all its staff and pupils. Through our STAR values we promote equality and we tackle any form of discrimination. Our curriculum provides equal opportunity for all students, maximising their potential regardless of age, sex, race, colour, religion or disability. We promote positive relationships with all stakeholders: parents, governors and members of the wider community.
At all times:
• We will eliminate any unlawful or unfair discrimination including direct or indirect discrimination, discrimination by association, discrimination linked to a perceived characteristic, harassment and victimisation.
• We will foster a culture that is diverse and inclusive that recognises and develops the potential of all staff and service users.
• We will provide an appropriate learning experience for all pupils, whatever their race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, ability and disability.
• We will provide pupils with the opportunity to learn in an environment free of prejudice. It is the responsibility of all staff to educate against any form of prejudice or negative stereotyping and to ensure that their conduct with students and colleagues reflects this responsibility at all times.
• We will eliminate discrimination and other conduct that is prohibited by the Equality Act 2010
• We will advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share it.
• We will foster good relations across all characteristics between people who share a protected characteristic and people who do not share.
• We will ensure the principles and practice of equality apply to all members of the school community including all staff, parents, governors and visitors.